04. KM Approaches, Methods and Tools - A Guidebook
This 134-page A4-size book contains detailed guidance on how to apply 24 practical approaches, methods and tools for:
1. sharing knowledge
2. facilitating knowledge transfer
3. capturing knowledge
4. learning activities.
It is intended to support our KM Method Cards but can be used independently of them. The techniques in this book were selected because of their usefulness in supporting three very common areas of work where knowledge transfer, capture and learning are important:
- Iearning and knowledge capture through projects, activity cycles and case based work
- promoting peer collaboration, networking and communities across workgroup boundaries
- identifying, eliciting, representing and transferring expertise
This book will be valuable to knowledge managers, community facilitators, KM activists, project managers, trainers, or anyone who wants to develop a portfolio of different techniques to support knowledge transfer. Note that we also provide training in many of these methods). Download a preview (introduction and chapter 1) here.